In partnership with the Vancouver Fire Department, the fire district values and maintains an active volunteer firefighter program. Volunteers must participate in a competitive exam process consisting of a written assessment, a rigorous physical agility assessment, background check, and an oral interview process. Selected individuals are issued uniforms and personal protective gear and are expected to train three hours every Monday night.
- Must be a citizen of the U.S.
- Read, write, and speak English
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
Duties may include:
- Training in fire and medical response
- Responding to emergency incidents
- Public safety education projects
For more information contact the Vancouver Fire Department, Training Division @ 360 892 4323.